The external tool for converting Outlook PST files to XML is readpst.
- Readpst is part of the free and open source libpst software suite (http://www.five-ten-sg.com/libpst/), which converts PST files to MBOX format.
Location of external program
Depending on your operating system, the readpst executable may be included with the Xena package. If so, this will be located within a sub-directory in the same directory as the Xena program (xena.jar). Otherwise, the executable must be installed separately.
- Linux - install the libpst package via your distribution's package manager, after which the readpst executable is most likely located under /usr/bin/.
- OS X - the executable is called readpst and will be located in the macx86 sub-directory.
- Windows - the executable is called readpst.exe and will be located in the winx86 sub-directory.
How to configure the Email plugin
- From the Xena menu bar, select Tools - Plugin Preferences - Email:
Result: The Email Preferences window is displayed.
- Click Browse button.
- Navigate to the location of the readpst executable (see above).
- Click Open.
- Click OK to save this setting.